Enjoy the world of Roxx....

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Road to Skinny-Part 2

Soooo, where were we.....  Ah HA!  My first fitness competition.  So I sign up for this camp full of ladies with the same interests as me!  Well, not the wrestling part but working out and healthy lifestyle.  Awesome!  I go there and instantly fall in love with it all!  The girls, the coaches, the atmosphere just everything.  Chatting with girls and seeing the coaches and how the girls got ready to get onstage.  Watching several fitness routines.  I was in!  I get home after the weekend and immediately sign up with the coaching team.  I pick my show.  Ordered my suit and on my way to emptying my bank account.  LOL!  No one lets you know this part.  You are going to spend some serious cash when you compete.  My bikini, a freakin bikini I would never in a million years wear anywhere else, cost my $400.  Yes you read that right.  $400!!  That's a car payment!  But it's ok because I'm going to get skinny, get onstage, impress judges, impress WWE and of course get a job with them.  Duh!  $400 was totally worth it!

So, I get my plan for my show and it turns out it's the same plan every other girl is on.  Workouts are exactly the same for each girl.  Nutrition plans....Yup!  You guessed it!  All the same.  For a split second I thought "Wait.  This can't be right.  How is that 4'11 girl going to eat the same amount of food as me?"  Of course I just shook it off like a little solider and said "Noooo.  These guys are the professionals.  They know better than me."  Also, as a wrestler you just do as you're told.  No questions asked.  If you have to take 16 bodyslams in a row during a practice you just do.  Just like 1200 calories while doing cardio for about 2 hours per day while fitting in weight training you just do.

What else no one tells you is you will work like you never have before for about 3 months.  You will become this crazy little warrior and not think twice about your fasted cardio.  Wake up at 3 am to get to the gym by 4 am for an hour of cardio, go to work, go back to the gym for weights, get back on cardio, food prep, finally make time for a shower then pass out to repeat for 3 months.  This is why competitors get cranky everyone.  They aren't exactly living the life!  LOL!  I was lucky enough to get morning sprints that had to be outside in the Northeast during Sept, Oct and Nov.  Friggin COLD!

So on top of all that sunshine and rainbows I was also wrestling every weekend.  Practice was 2-3 times per week on top of all that.  Unfortunately, that was seen by my competition coach as everyday life and extra food would be considered cheating on my program.  Hello!  Wrestling practice.  Wrestling shows.  That was normal life.  OOOOKKKK.  LOL!  So I definitely got skinny!  I definitely dropped about a good 15-20 lbs.  But I was drained, beat up and struggling at my everyday job that I was still balancing.  It was hard to focus.  You would hear other competitors talking about starting to cry for no reason at all on their low carb days and the coaches say "Yea, that'll happen when we play with your nutrition."  That's normal?  At this point any liquid or food in your body needs to be saved!  LOL!

So finally it comes to show day and I had no freakin clue what I was in for.  Firstly, tanning.  You turn into an Ompa Lumpa.  That orange/brown.  You stop showering about 3 days before the show.  Shave absolutely every part of your body.  Slap on about 5 lbs of make up and another 12  in hairspray.  Up close we look like Ompa Lumpas in drag.  I loved it!  Oh!  And I had a match the night before my first show.  I also was water depleted and had to stop drinking water at 7 pm the night before the fitness competition.  Well, the wrestling show starts at 8 pm and my match was an hour into the match.  AWESOME!  After the match I thought I would going to die!  Lots of ice cubes!

Anyways, day of show I was so happy to step on stage as the pretty skinny tan girl!  I made it!  I followed plan, made my sacrifices and followed through to my goal.  I was so proud and exhausted!  LOL!  That night after the show I did like every other competitor and binged!  I ordered 2 different appetizers, a burger with fries, a beer and dessert.  I also threw up half way through and then went back for more.  My body had no idea what was going on!  And that was just the start!  There was a whole weekend ahead of me.  And that will be my next post : )

To be continued.......  Oh!  And here's some awesome photos  LOL.  My posing was absolute shit in these and I giggle every time I see them LOL!



  

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful Nikki! I've enjoyed following your career since the Voodoo Queen days. Wishing you all the health and happiness in the world!

    Hope the Spartan race went well!

    ReplyDelete