Enjoy the world of Roxx....

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Per several requests here is my pumpkin pancake recipe.  I love these and hopefully you guys will too!

Ingredients
1/4 cup of canned pumpkin (NOT PUMPKIN MIX)
1 packet of Truvia or Splenda
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 large egg whites
Cinnamon

I mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl in no particular order until it is smooth.  It takes a few since the pumpkin tends to be lumpy but try to mix into a smooth batter.


Then add the mixture to a frying pan that's been sprayed with cooking spray.  I made 3 pancakes with this recipe.


These don't necessarily work the same as regular pancakes.  You want them to cook for about 4 mins on medium heat or until they are a little lighter through the middle.  Flip and cook for about the same amount of time on the other side.  Just keep an eye on them so they don't burn.

I will usually add my Morning Star Breakfast Sausage with these to add some extra protein.  Plus, they taste freakin great!

Nutritional Info:
Calories: 75
Fat: 0
Carbs: 9
Protein: 9

They are also added to www.myfitnesspal.com under "Nikki's Pumpkin Pancakes"

No comments:

Post a Comment